There are more and more restaurants, cafés and delis where you can find raw cake and I’m really liking this trend. It’s very healthy, has no refined sugar or artificial flavouring and is gluten and dairy-free. And yes, (most of these cakes) taste great! Why wouldn’t you give it a try?
22, October 2015 by Nelli
-150g pitted dates
-a pinch of salt
-2 ripe bananas
-1 lemon (zest and juice)
-4 tbsp honey
-1 ripe mango
-2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Soak cashews in water for 2 hours ahead of time.
2. Place walnuts, pecans, dates and salt in a food processor and grind on high speed until the nuts become crumbs and the mixture sticks together when you press it.
3. Spread the nut mixture into a cake form (I used glass form), then place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Drain cashew and grind in food processor, add the juice of the lemon, and the zest, 2 tbsp honey, 2 bananas and process until smooth and creamy.
5. Spread cashew cream on the nut mixture. Then place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Soak chia seeds in 3 tbsp water.
7. In the meantime, prepare the fruit puree: Place washed, cored strawberries, 2 tbsp honey and cubed mango into the food processor and puree. Add chia seeds and pour on top of the cake base and place in a freezer for a few hours.
You can keep it in the freezer for a few days, but remove 2 hours before serving. Decorate with fresh berries.